The Student News Site of Olympia High School

The Oracle

The Oracle

The Oracle

From Lanterns to Llamas

Adventures with Wreigna
From Lanterns to Llamas

Orlando is filled with the most gorgeous scenery, many of which are undiscovered locations that you have probably never heard of. Many of these treasured locations attract people of all ages, creating unfading memories and a perfect Instagram feed, whether it’s a water lantern festival or an alpaca farm. Let’s embark on this journey together as I share my experiences at these two hidden gems filled with enchantment and furry friends. 

The Water Lantern Festival takes place once a year in Orlando, FL on the crystal waters of Lakefront Park. The beauty of thousands of lanterns reflecting on the waters, with a soft glow, and the sun beginning to set appears more vibrant than ever. This enchanting gathering of floating lanterns was a breathtaking view, casting shimmering reflections on the tranquil waters with a unique message on each one. For instance, my lantern included a drawing on each side representing the sun and moon, a peace sign, and a bible quote. These symbols represent peace and love and remind me there’s always a brighter side to a bad day. Adding the quote of John 3:16 reminds me of unconditional love and acceptance. The remarkable sight of lanterns peacefully drifting away mirrors the promise of new beginnings. This unforgettable experience felt as if I was in a fairytale, particularly with local food vendors and live music playing throughout the night. This family-friendly event includes all ages coming together to create many cherished memories. The serene atmosphere gave me a chance to reflect on new beginnings and personal growth in my life. This magical night glowed with ultimate happiness. This absolute getaway destination in Orlando, FL is perfect for a trip filled with awe-inspiring exploits and adventures. 

Additionally, a day trip just miles away is a farm loaded with adorable habitats and baby alpacas, where visitors of all ages can join together and share this fun-filled experience. The LunaSea alpaca farm located in Clermont, FL captures unfading moments with alpacas and llamas. This family-owned business showcases pictures of these fluffy animals online. Experiencing this firsthand was even more fun than I could imagine, and provided me with the cutest pictures for my Instagram. Feeding these baby alpacas and even kissing one was definitely the best part. The tour started with the owners themselves sharing knowledge of their alpacas. The opportunity was priceless, and I left with countless pictures of these furry friends. Ending the tour off, I got to connect with the owners as well, and learning their story on how this all started was an inspirational message. Leaving with a great story and eager to look through all the pictures, this was definitely a trip I recommend to anyone in town. Exploring these hidden spots was my mission, and now it’s your turn to do the same!