The Student News Site of Olympia High School

The Oracle

The Oracle

The Oracle

Super Scholar: Claire Dvorak

With college decisions starting to roll in, it means super scholar season is right behind. 

Super scholars are the graduating seniors who make it into the top 20 schools in the nation and Olympia is very proud to have some of our own!

Claire Dvorak, a 2024 senior, president of the Key Club, founder of the Rocketry club, and vice president of Shutter Society is the first to be accepted into Dartmouth this year. 

“It’s been my dream school for years – I am a super outdoorsy person, and Dartmouth is in the middle of nowhere in the mountains of New Hampshire. I went to the campus and just fell in love with it. Also, my dad made a random throwaway comment when I was 7 saying he thought I’d like it there, and I guess it kind of just stuck with me from then [on],” Dvorak said.

After her impressive acceptance to Dartmouth, Dvorak reflected on her journey to accomplishing her dream. 

“It’s not ‘all-or-nothing.’ For years, I had the mentality that if there was even a single mistake in something I was trying to do, then there was no point in continuing because it would all be for nothing. Throughout high school, I’ve learned that this is not the case – little efforts and actions build up over time, and just because something didn’t go how you wanted it to, doesn’t mean that there’s no chance of getting where you want to be,” Dvorak shared.

Dvorak recounted the day she discovered that her dream had become more than just a dream. 

“I was at Target on my own trying to get my mind off of the decision, and I got an email saying “Your status update has changed” an hour before it was supposed to be released. When I found out I got in, I just stood in the middle of the aisle staring at the screen for who knows how long. It took a while to process it, but it felt like a humongous weight was lifted off my shoulders and I was so honored they chose to take me,” Dvorak described.

Alongside Claire, there have been several other super scholars announced and many more to come. Among these are Madden Bourst (United States Naval Academy), Sandy Scott (United States Naval Academy), Kamal Harris (Cornell University), and Camren Ware (Harvard University). Olympia couldn’t be prouder to call these talented students Titans!