The Student News Site of Olympia High School

The Oracle

The Oracle

The Oracle

CIRCUS MAXIMUS PRESENTS TRAVIS SCOTT FEATURING KANYE WEST

Wreigna Watson

The Utopia tour presented Circus Maximus on January 31st, with Grammy-nominated music artist Travis Scott performing his album Utopia at the Kia Center in Orlando. Embracing the Circus Maximus theme, the concert was inspired by the ancient Roman chariot-racing stadium in Rome. Wearing Scott’s merch throughout this unforgettable night, I got to experience one of my favorite rappers live, putting on a concert like no other. The raging energy in the arena was unmatched with earth-shaking vibrations, fans jumping on stage, and massive floating set pieces. If you’re debating on going to one of his concerts, I promise it’s worth every penny spent.

Wreigna Watson

Scott started off the night with the song “HYAENA”, the opening track on his Utopia album. His fans went crazy with insane mosh pits in the sold-out venue. Featuring his timeless classics and top songs from the Utopia album, enjoying the show was easy with stunning visuals, projecting lights, and a flying dystopian head,which Scott picked fans to ride throughout his performance. As soon as he played “MAMACITA”, I felt the heat of the flames coming from the stage. The contagious energy in the arena was extremely intense.

The sold-out crowd on Wednesday night knew what was about to happen when Travis left the stage after performing “Praise God”. The silenced arena started chanting Kanye. Playing one piano note sending the crowd wild, the legend himself, Kanye West (otherwise known as YE), took the stage, performing one of his biggest hits, “Runaway”. This was the loudest I’ve ever heard a crowd scream. This legendary moment causing goosebumps was insane to experience in person. 

Wreigna Watson

Scott also brought out other surprise guests.  Ty Dolla $ign and Bump J hit it off, performing “Vultures” and “Fade”. The spotlight turned back to YE as he performed“Can’t Tell Me Nothing”. This was so surreal to witness. In the heart of Kanye West closing off with “All Of The Lights”, the pulsating energy in the room was absolutely insane. The music was silenced allowing the crowd to sing flawlessly with voices echoing and flashlights filling up the stadium. The illuminated view will forever be a vivid memory I will never forget. Kanye’s epic comeback playing his iconic all-time hits, wearing a mask as his signature look, and keeping the electrifying energy throughout the night was the greatest rap concert ever. 

The electric atmosphere of Travis playing “FE!N” over 5 times had me screaming at the top of my lungs. The repeat of this song is what Travis fans came for- “feining” for more, Each performance unfolded with a higher surge of energy. 

Wreigna Watson

The arena at this point was shaking with the audience jumping up and down. The thrilling energy in the arena was an unforgettable environment. By performing “SICKO MODE” after this and a few other fan favorites including “Antidote” and “goosebumps”, the performer took us back in time to prime Travis. With “TELEKINESIS” being the last song of the night, the stadium had smoke emerging from the stage, special effects playing, and shirtless fans screaming insanely. This larger-than-life experience felt so unreal. Witnessing Travis Scott and Kanye West, the two legends themselves, was the greatest night of all time.  

Set List

HYAENA

THANK GOD

MODERN JAM

Aye (Lil Uzi Vert cover)

sdp interlude

3500

Nightcrawler

SIRENS

Upper Echelon

MY EYES

BUTTERFLY EFFECT

Mamacita

Praise God (Kanye West cover) (with Kanye West) 

Runaway (Kanye West cover) (with Kanye West) 

Vultures

(¥$, Kanye West & Ty Dolla $ign cover) (with Kanye West) (also with Ty Dolla $ign and Bump J)

Fade

(Kanye West cover) (with Kanye West) (also with Ty Dolla $ign)

Can’t Tell Me Nothing

(Kanye West cover) 

All of the Lights

(Kanye West cover) (with Kanye West)

Father Stretch My Hands, Pt. 1

(Kanye West cover) (with Kanye West)

DELRESTO (ECHOES)

Maria I’m Drunk

CAN’T SAY

HIGHEST IN THE ROOM

MAFIA

I KNOW ?

90210

MELTDOWN

TOPIA TWINS

NO BYSTANDERS

FE!N

SICKO MODE 

Antitode 

Goosebumps

TELEKINESIS