The Student News Site of Olympia High School

The Oracle

The Oracle

The Oracle

2024 Fashion Predictions

Fashion trends are always evolving and I’m excited to see what styles might emerge in 2024. The trend of Y2K fashion and many more vintage statements have already made a comeback this year, making me wonder what else is coming back. The returning trends of platform shoes, corsets, bell bottoms, and cargo pants have already reemerged, impacting this gen alpha period. In my opinion, the 2000-2010 decade is going to make a huge comeback in this new year. The most popular fashion moments that shaped this era included low-rise jeans, ugg boots, denim skirts, and strategic layering. I definitely think 2024 will be filled with retro styles and unique fashion pieces.

The Rebirth of Accessories

Accessories from the 2010s era are gonna make a big return, including big jewelry, embellished tights, and bows galore. Pink bows and ribbon accessories add a more feminine style. Bows have made a comeback in fashion with a modern twist, adding them to essentially everything from shoes to hair to dresses. 

All Things Chrome

Chrome has taken over the internet in the world of beauty, incorporated into jewelry, nails, fashion, and decor. This super delicate metallic shimmer is insanely versatile and is here to stay in 2024. Metallic fashion gained popularity in the 1930s; this style was essential in the 1970s fashion era and returned as a popular trend in 2023.

Safari Chic 

Leopard print roars back into 2024 fashion in homes and wardrobes. The fashion trend made its big appearance in the 1960s, inspired by the movie Tarzan. Animal print has had a major influence on designers, seen as adventurous and used in bold statement pieces. This timeless style is expected to be widely featured on hats, head scarves, and handbags throughout all of 2024.

Soft Camo

In the realm of modern fashion, camo has made its recent return in cargo pants, sweatshirts, and skirts. This style is worn in an outdoor or more casual setting, expressing individualism and an effortless look.