The Student News Site of Olympia High School

The Oracle

The Oracle

The Oracle

Spreading Holiday Cheer: Key Club Volunteers at Jingle Bell Run

Kyler Emmett

During this past weekend’s Jingle Bell Run 2023 in Baldwin Park, members of the Key Club from Olympia High School were in full holiday spirit. Key Club is well-known for its dedication to volunteering and took part in helping out at this annual celebration to spread kindness and holiday joy.

The Jingle Bell Run is a popular Orlando tradition, bringing together hundreds of participants. The event is organized by the Arthritis Foundation which aims to raise funds for various people who are affected by the disease. Participants dress in festive clothing, creating a crowd of red and green throughout Baldwin Park. The Key Club members added to the spectacle with their enthusiasm and hard work at the magic-filled event.

Kyler Emmett

Key Club volunteers arrived early at the event to assist with setting up and preparing. Sophomore Grace Lee explained why she volunteered for the Jingle Bell Run, “I wanted to help to support and encourage others as a community by simply volunteering, doing whatever we can to help people who need it.”

The Key Club’s involvement in the event was not just limited to helping prepare for it, but they also provided aid directing the runners, cheering, and entertaining children at the event. The generosity of the community was on full display as runners and spectators alike sponsored and supported the cause. As the runners crossed the finish line, they were greeted with cheers and applause from the crowd including a few members from our Key Club, marking the end of a successful and fun Jingle Bell Run. 

Kyler Emmett

The club’s dedication to service continues to shine, leaving a positive impact on both the school and the Orlando community. After the event, senior Ciara Cuevas shared her gratitude and memorable moments from the run. “[The] most enjoyable moment from the event was when we started to cheer at the start and end of the race [for the runners]. It was very uplifting and fun to be able to encourage others.”

The festive memories created during the Jingle Bell Run 2023 will undoubtedly serve as a reminder of the Key Club’s commitment to making a difference, one joyful step at a time.

Kyler Emmett