The Student News Site of Olympia High School

The Oracle

The Oracle

The Oracle

Hitting the Mat: Titans Prepare for Wrestling Season

The Olympia High School wrestling team is preparing for its upcoming season. Our wrestlers are showcasing their skill and determination, and the gym is buzzing with excitement and impatience to hit the mat.

The season began optimistically with a strong showing at the Pre Season Classic with Coach Blocker and Coach Bourst at the helm. With seasoned veterans and enthusiastic newcomers, the team looks forward to a year full of challenges and victories. 

“I aim to get our team more supporters while also ensuring our wrestlers maintain excellent academic performance [and perform well] at events and tournaments,” Coach Blocker shared, with high hopes and goals for the season. 

The Olympia High School wrestling program has a long tradition of success and this year’s team is anxious to continue that tradition. Coaches and athletes put in a lot of effort during the off-season to develop their skills and improve their strength and stamina. Our wrestlers have demonstrated an incredible amount of commitment and determination. “As a team, [we] are picking up the intensity at a really fast pace,” senior Jose Rodriquez said.

“This season, I want our wrestling team to win everything they are able to and also try as hard as they can in every event.” Coach Bourst commented.

Our wrestling team started the season with intense training and invitational events. These early matches are important to prepare athletes for the tough competition ahead. The Olympia High School wrestlers earned the respect of coaches and fellow students through flashiness, determination, and all-around sportsmanship.

This season is not just a sports competition, but also an important training opportunity. Athletes know the importance of determination and success. The Olympia High School community can show support for the team by attending upcoming events and tournaments. Our Titan wrestlers put in a lot of effort to get stronger and win their events this year.

In order for the team to perform better this season, senior Madden Bourst hopes to implement some changes.. “I aim to get our team more supporters while concurrently ensuring our athletes maintain excellent academic performance,” Bourst explained.

The Olympia wrestling season will be an exciting journey, full of new challenges and competitions. Athletes, coaches, and fans are ready to make this season unforgettable. Come out to support our Titan wrestlers at home on Wednesday, December 13th.