The Student News Site of Olympia High School

The Oracle

The Oracle

The Oracle

Winter Break Adventures

Kallista Ramos

When people get together and spend time with the people they care about, the holidays are the most unforgettable occasions. But Christmas will not be observed by all in the same manner. Let’s look behind the scenes at how our staff and students will be enjoying Christmas this year. 

Mr. Morgan, Security 

“I will be traveling to North Carolina to see my parents and siblings, most of my family lives up there. While I’m up there we will eat, play cards, have some “adult beverages”, just christmas stuff. My dads side of the family usually cooks at like one or two but my mom’s side usually does dinner. My family is usually split so to [see]everyone together feels good.”

Nasir Gordon, Senior

“I’m traveling to Idaho to visit my grandparents, I haven’t seen them in a while. When I’m in Idaho my favorite part is the snow and the food. I like cooking pastries with my grandparents while in Idaho too.”

Malia Simpson, Freshman

“My plans for winter break are to hang out with my family, and most likely dance and make tik-toks.”

Ms.Patricia Norton, Ceramics teacher

“I will be staying locally for the holidays. On the 23rd of December,  we have a Christmas breakfast. Then on the 24th, the whole family will get together at my uncle’s house and have a huge Christmas Eve party. Where we will be having our traditional Puerto Rican food, and after Christmas day I will be going to Georgia to visit some family and make it back for the new year.”

Ms.Christine Ebersbach, Attendance dean

“For the holidays I will either be going to visit my parents or maybe even going on a cruise. I will be going to eat dinner with my family, and if I can find someone to babysit my dog then I might take a trip to Memphis, Cincinnati, [or] on a cruise I’m not sure yet.”

Jonathan Lee, Sophomore

“I will be opening presents with my family and having a family dinner with the whole family.”

William Cooley, Junior 

“I will have a lot of basketball practice during winter break, but for Christmas day I will be having a nice Christmas dinner.”

Ms. Mitchell, Agriculture Teacher

“For Christmas, I’m planning on sleeping [and] eating a lot, coming to school to check on all the animals, and taking time to unwind. I will be spending time with family and friends too.”

Serena Van Baalen, Freshman

“I will most likely [go]to my uncle’s house for a secret santa, and a white elephant christmas dinner party with my family.” 

Luis Calderon, Senior

“We will be opening presents and just enjoying [time with] the family and most likely having a nice family dinner.”