The Student News Site of Olympia High School

The Oracle

The Oracle

The Oracle

What are Olympia Staff Thankful For?

Joy Hendricks

Thanksgiving is a day where you give thanks to your life and everyone and everything that’s in it. You can show thanks by doing the littlest things. Here at Olympia High School our teachers, admin, deans and staff reflect on what they are thankful for.

Ms. Lyric Macon, Clerk 

“I am most thankful for my grandma because without her I would not be the person I am today. I would not have the morals or the understanding that I have today.”

Ms. Leenisha Victoria, Attendance Records Clerk

“My kids especially my first son because I almost lost him when he was 2 years old and I’m thankful he just turned 12 on October 18th. I’m also thankful for my little boy as well cause he always keeps me going. Everything I do is for them.”

Deputy Ford 

“My parents because they created me and gave me life without them, I have nothing.”

Coach Gabe, Dean

“My students, because they bring out the better sides of me.”

Raymond Borbon, Security

“My baby sister because she always believes in me and she reminds me that whatever you do wrong, you can always make amends to wrongdoings.”

Ms. Smith, Biology Teacher

“My grandma because she made a lot of sacrifices for my entire family.”

Mr. Micheal McDaniels, P.E. Coach

“[I am thankful for] my family and colleagues. Without that, life would be difficult. You [need] a family that supports you and what you do. You need happiness in your workspace and we have that at Olympia High School.”

Ms. Kelly Lyon, Anatomy Teacher

“My students because they help get me out of a bad mood. They sometimes give me food to make me feel better and show they care about me.”

Ms. Brianna Holiday, English Teacher

“The creator of the mario bros series because without him super mario bros and the legend of zelda wouldn’t exist. These are games that bring me happiness, I’ve been playing these games since I was younger.”