The Student News Site of Olympia High School

The Oracle

The Oracle

The Oracle

Titan Athletes College Bound!

Jeryn James

Signing Day here at Olympia is a big deal. On this day, athletes officially commit to some of the top universities in the country. This day is a huge accomplishment for the athletes, coaches, and schools alike. Signing Day gives these student-athletes a chance to take center stage, moments before they solidify their eager commitment to a new team and a new chapter by signing on the dotted line.

Here at Olympia, the Athletic Department makes it their mission to provide the best signing day experience for the athletes. They introduce the athletes signing and recognize the hard work that they have put into their sport. “I’m excited for [these] players to show off their talents to the colleges they attend and show what it means to be a Titan!” head football coach and dean Travis Gabriel said. 

Many players also have mixed emotions regarding signing because it marks the end of their career as a Titan. Offensive lineman Kamal Harris recently signed to Cornell University. “Signing just put the icing on the cake for me. I felt relieved and proud of myself [for] doing not only what I dreamt of doing, but continuing the line of Division 1 athletes in my family as well,” Harris expressed.

Signing Day highlights the grit and perseverance of individual student athletes. This moment recognizes all the effort and hard-work to reach this pivotal achievement in their life.

Congratulations to these incredible athletes!

Tyler Cross – Wofford College – Football 

Brandon Dumezil – Carson-Newman University – Football 

Jacob Gorberg – Valparaiso University – Football 

Kamal Harris – Cornell University – Football 

Camren Ware – Harvard University  – Football 

Romelo Ware – Northern Illinois University – Football

Jeryn James